Monday 15 December 2014

THE SIMPLER LIFE #AwakenYourLiteraryMind..............By Tolulope

He always walked amongst them, watching quietly, unseen, unnoticed and unheard shuffling along with chapped feet in leather hooves. And that's how it was going to remain until the day he heard the kids spell 'q-u-e-u-e' in their spelling game, under the almond tree. He couldn't -or- rather, he forgot to hold himself and blurted out 'Why would you spell the word that way when it would sound the same without the last four letters?' The kids would never forget the day they found out that Zumol can talk. Of course he could...

For him, nothing was quite as interesting as watching these people. They knew who they were and who they were going to be; his life was much simpler than that. His folks were warm in their manner of speaking and happy as can be but never spoke to him about his roots or ancestry even though they lived with nostalgia eating deep beneath the wrappers they draped casually across bare chests.  They longed for their previous home; a land distant and forgotten, a land where milk was butter and biscuit was bread. Two rivers ran through the hills of their land and met in an embrace right at the centre of the town where this couple first met.
Zumol desperately longed to hear the details first hand and there was nothing he did not do to find out. Oh, he probed so deeply and persistently, but they never responded... not even for once. After all, parents tell their kids something about where they came from. Yes, all parents do, except for this pair. But, you see, Zumol forgives easily and forgets even faster so he'd probe his parents as if yesterday did not just pass. One day, a passer-by asked him "When a messenger is deaf, what does he hear? Nothing". 
Then it hit him: His parents were deaf. What language then did they speak? All he knew was that they often communicated with him and he heard them. It couldn’t get simpler.Snorting loudly, he awoke and startled his parents with his childish neigh. You see, Zumol was a horse and the part where he spoke was only a dream.



45 comments:

  1. could talk* was everything a dream? nice story. voting 4 it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful imagination

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this piece... Really has a good touch of creativity. keep it up Tolulope

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well conceived, nicely written. A masterpiece !!!!!. Voting for it to win

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm voting this to win

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this... Voting for it to win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was unexpected honestly. I'm voting for it to win

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm voting this to win

    ReplyDelete
  9. Voting for this to win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, amazing piece. I'm voting this to win.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Creative and beautiful story, I'm voting this to win.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm voting this to WIN!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm voting this to win! It's surely a different piece.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome...
    I'm voting this to win

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!!! I like this, I couldn't believe it tricked my very imaginative mind, great job Tolu. I'm voting for this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm voting for this to win. Nice one

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice piece.����
    Voting for this to win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just so abstract and lovely. I'm voting this to win

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm definitely voting for this to win!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome! am voting this to win

    ReplyDelete
  21. Voting for this to win

    ReplyDelete
  22. Voting for this article to win

    ReplyDelete
  23. Voting for this to win. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing piece of creativity... I'm voting for this to win.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This piece is so wonderful I definitely can't get over it. I am voting this to win

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice one.... am loving dis..... am voting this to win

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice one.... am loving dis..... am voting this to win

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm voting this to win

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm voting this.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm voting this write up to win

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice one! Love the suspense. Esp. when he wondered what language deaf people speak. I taught he would try and figure out how to communicate with his parents. I hope there is a part 2 Tolu. I'm voting this to win.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very creative and interesting.. I'm voting for you to win

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very creative and interesting.. I'm voting for you to win

    ReplyDelete
  34. Voting for it to win

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love this, voting for it to win

    ReplyDelete
  36. amazing writeup! I'm voting this to win

    ReplyDelete
  37. Creative piece :) You have my vote.

    ReplyDelete

HOW I KICK THE PERIOD BLOAT - Useful Tips

I just want everything CARBY and SWEET!  I am almost sure I am not the only one who dreads having her period and the bloating that co...