Sunday 15 February 2015

LIFE AS SHE SEES IT : THE CAKE.....By Adesuwa

Ken breezed into the room and flung his bag on the bed. He had a huge scowl on her face.
"Keno! You are back! How did it go?" James hailed
No answer.
"Ken?"
"I gave her the cake"
"And? Ehen?"
"She was happy"
"And? I see you with no gift pack or something. Or is it in your bag" James took the flung bag and did a quick search. Nothing.
"I didn't get anything. Oh yea she kissed me"
"Kissed ke?" James laughed "I told you! Sorry I can't help laughing. Pele" James laughed and collapsed on the bed. "You no dey hear word, see all the trouble you went through to get that cake, no forget to pay me my money o"
"Abegi!"
"So that's all for you for valentine's yea? All these women sha. They want this and that but can't give this or that. Kai! Or you sef no sabi chop cake? I would have shared in it you know?" he started laughing again
"James it's okay joor. What was I even expecting? We just started dating"
"I need to see this girl sef. Her cup don start to dey full" James had a huge grin on his face. "Anyways cheer up! We shall go out, get drunk and darn women!"
"Is your babe not seeing you today?"
"She will. But am not moving from here. I know she will come, atleast you get to meet her. I have pre-warned her that am as broke as broke! so nothing for her. I don't believe in this valentine's day madness. I better give gifts to the motherless"
Ken shook his head. "You? Motherless? Tell me another joke. You are just looking for trouble. You know these little things matter to ladies. From all you said you have a good chic! Not like mine.."
James smiled and pulled at his beard, "what would happen? Worst case she would fashi me, while I move on to the next bus. No time" his phone started ringing  "she is calling...shhhh"
"Hey babe!" he listened then said "yep! Am home, would be going out for drinks with my boys soon though" winking at Ken "alright dear, would be here waiting for you" call ended.
"Oya! Oya! Vacate the house. She is coming! She don nearly reach" James jumped up and started putting things in order.
Ken groaned "I feel sleepy guy"
"Please na! I know you are jealous of me!" James jeered " I am sure am getting a gift and I get to get laid too! Whoohoo! Oya! Oya! Vamoose!"
"Na u Biko! No wahala I dey Abiola room. No too tey or we go leave you!" Ken called out to James who was in the kitchen. He poured a handful of groundnut in his palm and started to leave
"Anyhow e be, I go call you for controls" James called back and came back to the room to usher Ken out of the house.
"No push me joor!" Ken shook his head and muttered "lucky chap", opened the door and froze.
"Hey bae!!! You are here already" James didn't seem to observe that his friend was in shock, and went forward to hug the lady at the door. "Ken meet my queen!"
"Temi?!"Ken looked awestruck. He  looked at what she was holding and recognised the cake. His eyes grew big. The very cake he had given her this morning. He had defied the caterer's advised to write her name on it, he felt it was "cliché", and told her to write "love you bae this vals".
Temi quickly shrugged out of James arms, set the cake on the floor, took some steps back and ran out of the premises, almost falling at the gate.
"What's going on" James asked arms open.
Ken having processed what had happened, let out a loud laughter and then sighed. "Oya! Your prayers have been answered. Let's eat the cake."


13 comments:

  1. Hahaha no time ma nigga ! Girls are crazy !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Adesuwa has done it again. This was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chiooooo. I can't stop laughing. What a way to spend valentine's day. Robbing Peter to be with Paul. Amaka Agbo - Anike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's touching .. she's one you cant find

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing story! Ayah,na wa for Temi. Well done, Adesuwa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you guys for always taking time to read pieces on this blog! And thank you Adesuwa for another beautiful piece. Karma is such a beautiful bitch! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The heat of the tempo at that moment go reach to roast corn. Lol.

    Well-done Adesuwa.

    ReplyDelete

HOW I KICK THE PERIOD BLOAT - Useful Tips

I just want everything CARBY and SWEET!  I am almost sure I am not the only one who dreads having her period and the bloating that co...